Manage users and permissions¶
Once a Platform 6 instance is created, its first user can assign new users to it. By default, he already has access to the menu entry Administration.
But before he adds a new user, he needs to create a set of permissions on the instance.
A permission is a string of characters structured as follows:
It allows the user to perform an action on a feature.
It is assigned to a user on a specific instance. Thus if a user, assigned to the instances A and B, has the permission a, for instance, A, he won’t have it for instance B.
Read section Manage permissions to see how to create a set of permissions.
A user is defined by his address email and he has access, according to his permissions, to some of his instance’s features.
A user can be assigned to different instances with the same credentials.
Follow the guide Manage users to create new users and to assign them permissions.
Platform 6 built-in services¶
- Work Items
- Tables: edit and visualize the cross-references tables.
- Reports: represent graphically invoices data.
- Scripts: develop and execute scripts.
- Routes: manage the lifecycle of routing rules.
- Routing Orders: manage the routing orders.
- Data Models: validate the structure of XML files.
- Stripe Payment: charge customers online.
- Bundled resources
Platform 6 DSL¶
You’ll find in the DSL guide details about the mini-language developed for the operation and the control of the Platform 6 instances.
Platform 6 additional tools¶
- Jobs Control Panel: manage and monitor all the long running jobs