Workflow Tasks Guide
Platform 6 offers a Workflow feature that can support processes requiring actions from users.
User cases related to B2B transactions can be quite diverse:
- Review and update (if need be) of outbound transactions such as service entry sheets or invoices.
- Adding or removing attachments.
- Adding or updating customer-related values (cost center, approver …).
- Update and resubmission of rejected or disputed transactions such as invoices.
- Approval of incoming purchase orders or invoices.
Additional (non-transaction related) processes can also benefit from the feature.
Each action button leads to a configurable pop-up window. Action popup windows can contain info, input fields, drop-down lists, check boxes, date widgets…
You can apply an action to several workflow tasks if:
- they all belong to the same workflow step definition,
- they have common workflow actions,
- these actions are configured with an
transactions=allow('WORKFLOW_VIEW_NAME'(*)) permission is required to access the Workflow Tasks menu entry.
Have a look also at the Transactions permissions to be more specific in the tasks filtering.